Tier 2: Assistive Technology Consultation Assessment
- This assessment provides the team with an efficient targeted assessment to identify AT tools to trial.
- Families and school teams that request this process:
- Are struggling to identify how to meet student needs with current supports.
- Have considered tools informally and want to identify new tools or strategies to explore.
- What to expect:
- Review of intake materials
- Email conversations with team members regarding student needs.
- School visit including:
- Staff interviews
- Classroom observations
- Exploration of AT solutions
- Written summary of findings and recommendations
- Time allotted for the process: 8 hours
- To do list:
1. Complete both the school and the parent intake questionnaires
2. Complete info, photo/video release forms
3. Submit forms and payment contract
4. Submit current IEP goals, accommodations, and services
Optional additional services:
- IEP or attendance: 2 hours
- Follow-up consultation:at least 5 hours