Ed Roberts Campus
Building Independence from the Ground up
The Ed Roberts Campus is a nonprofit corporation formed by seven organizations that share a common history in the Independent Living Movement of People with Disabilities.
The Center for Accessible Technology is a proud partner in the Ed Roberts Campusexternal link (ERC). Seven agencies have joined together to plan and develop a universally designed, transit-oriented campus located at the Ashby BART Station in south Berkeley. The Ed Roberts Campus is the world's foremost disability rights service, advocacy, education, training, and policy center. The ERC opened its doors in November 2010.
The Ed roberts CampusLeddy Maytum Stacy, the architectural firm that designed the Ed Roberts Campus, produced a video about the ERC that shows what a beautiful building it is. You can watch the ERC Video (opens a new window).
The ERC honors the life and work of Edward V. Roberts, an early leader in the independent living movement. Ed believed in the strength of collaborative efforts: He called it "working toward our preferred future”.
Our partners in the ERC are:
- Bay Area Outreach and Recreation Program (Takes you to another website)
- Center for Independent Living (Takes you to another website)
- Computer Technologies Program (Takes you to another website)
- Disability Rights, Education and Defense Fund (Takes you to another website)
- Through the Looking Glass (Takes you to another website)
- World Institute on Disability (Takes you to another website)